Planet42: the story so far
Planet42 was founded in South Africa in 2017 by Eerik Oja and Marten Orgna. Having previouslyfallen in love with the country, the co-founders raised capital in their native Estonia to launch a rent-to-own car business in South Africa. Originally named CarGet, the company has now rented out over 5,000 vehicles and receives over 30,000 applications per month.
Here are some key milestones in the Planet42’s development:
- 2017: Marten and Eerik move to South Africa and establish the company
- 2018: First car delivered to the customer by Planet42
- 2019: First algorithm developed
- 2020: 2,000 cars delivered to the customers
- 2021: Expansion to Mexico