Terms & Conditions
Click here for the Terms and Conditions (pdf file).
The Promotion of Access to Information Act of 2000 (“PAIA”) formally gives effect to section 32 of the South African Constitution, allowing a person to access information held by Planet42 which may be required to exercise or protect their rights. The PAIA Manual sets out the processes and prescribed fees associated with requesting such information.
Click here for the PAIA Policy manual (pdf file).
We, Inclusion South Africa T/A Planet42 (“Planet42” “We”, “Us” and “Our”) and our partners value and respect the importance of protecting personal information.
By using and/or accessing the Website and/or App and/or Services, you expressly consent to us collecting and processing the personal information which you provide to us. Any personal information that you give to us will be treated as confidential and sensitive information.
For the purpose of this Policy, personal information is all information specific to you, that is provided to us by you, or otherwise received through, our Website, email, WhatsApp or any other channel.
This information may include (but is not limited to) your:
- name and surname;
- identity number;
- email address;
- contact number;
- vehicle details;
- insurance claims;
- password and username.
- credit record
We may also collect and process data relating to your visits to our Website and/or WhatsApp including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
Disclosure of personal information
We will only disclose personal information to others where it is necessary to conduct our business or is required by law, or as otherwise agreed with you. The instances when we would disclose the personal information obtained from you include:
- Transmitting your personal information to our partners as required to process a quotation for and/or administer the Services;
- Obtaining your credit rating and scores from credit bureaus;
- Obtaining or verifying your information with the National Traffic Information System (eNatis);
- As required by regulatory authorities or to comply with any regulation or legal process;
- Where Planet42, acting in good faith, is of the view that disclosure is necessary to protect or defend our rights or property, or those of its partners, clients, agents, employees or third party service providers; or
- Where Planet42 undergoes a change in ownership, for the sole purpose of the new owner being able to continue operating the business
- Marketing purposes
Planet42 will ensure that it has in place and continues to maintain appropriate and reasonable precautions and measures in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws, to protect your personal information from being unlawfully accessed or processed by any third party. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
All personal information which you provide to Planet42 will be stored on servers in South Africa or in other locations where it is adequately protected. Should Planet42 transfer your personal information from one country to another country, we shall take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect such personal information.
When you visit the Website, WhatsApp or send emails to us, you consent to receiving communications from us electronically in accordance with this Policy.
Revoking consent and/or request deletion of the user’s data
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If you have an active rental agreement, we have to maintain your details in order to administer said policy;
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time and you agree to review the terms of this Policy whenever you visit the Website to check for any such amendments.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy should be addressed to: email@example.com